Lake Forest, formerly El Toro, was originally called Rancho Canada De Los Alisos after Don Jose Serrano received a Mexican land grant in 1846. Through his effort, and Dwight Whiting, the area became a farm for eucalyptus trees ( thus the Forest ) and citrus. Occidental Petroleum, in the 1960’s, realized the trees had little commercial value so they created a master planned community with the 400 acres and named it Lake Forest. It bordered the Marine Air Station named El Toro,.
The area sustained significant industrial, farming, and residential interest especially with the access to major cities via the 5 and 405 freeways. It is home to a diverse population, numerous parks, award winning schools, and a moderate climate typical of the South Orange County location. It is framed by mountains to the east, foothills to the west, and enjoys breezes that blow in off the ocean to the northwest.
The City of Lake Forest is located in the heart of South Orange County Lake Forest was incorporated in 1991.
[lme-module module=”market-stats” city=”Lake Forest” state=”CA”]